According to their budget, some people have a small home or apartment for their little family. They are always looking for some home improvement ideas to make their living area, bed room, kitchen and everything looking great. The normal and most commonly used home improvement ideas are not suitable for the small houses. There are some special home improvement concepts available for the compact spaces. The following are some of the top suggestions given by the leading home improvement developers.
Home improvement ideas:
- Paint with cool neutral shades – Rich paint colors make your house feeling too small and your room appears very closer than they actually are. Instead of going to the dark shades like red, orange, or yellow, it is suggested to go for the cool light colors for the small house interior walls. Such cool neutral paint shades give a feel of bigger house along with the open & airy look.
- Decorate with the large scale art – Instead of hanging the several smaller items on the wall, you can just hang one piece of large scale art in the living room of the small house. It will be neat and will not make you smaller feel.
- Add wood based trim to your ceilings – The house owner can add a simple wood based trim to your living room or bed room ceiling to get the best illusion of height to your smaller space.
Some more home improvement ideas:
- Install recessed & track lighting – When you place more numbers of table lamps and floor lamps all over the small room, they will even make it smaller. Instead, you can replace the traditional ceiling lights with the track and recessed lighting to gather spacious look.
- Feature the skylight – Adding the skylight to your small house give the outside in and the sky view will change the feel of your room more spacious.
- Hang curtains high – You have to hang your drapes or curtains as high as possible in order to make the illusion of size and height in the room.
Alongside, you can also add some more things for your small home improvements such as putting in the glass shower stall, lighten the floors, increasing your outdoor space, open up your kitchen storage, adding built-in shelves in awkward crannies & nooks, hang different items for overhead storage, take down the wall, using more numbers of mirrors, and etc.